02.10.2017 Executive Officer of the PlanetS Technology Platform
Work environment: PlanetS is a successful NCCR in Planetary Science (Solar System and Exoplanets) funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF). Leading houses of the NCCR are the Universities of Bern and Geneva, but PlanetS involves also other leading research institutes across Switzerland and collaborates with renowned national and international partners. PlanetS is recognized as one of the leading organizations worldwide in the exploration of our solar system and extra-solar planets research.
As part of its infrastructural and strategic activities PlanetS intends, through its Technology Platform, to strengthen partnership with industry, foster knowledge and technology transfer, and education of young researches and engineers.
Job description: The Technology Platform of PlanetS (http://nccr-planets.ch/platforms/technology-transfer/) is opening a 40-60% position as Executive Officer. The successful candidate will, among other commitments, be responsible for the organisation of the platform and the implementation of its program through strategic activities defined by the Technology Platform leader and PlanetS Board. In particular, as as an example for these activities, we shall mention:
- Prepare the annual budget
- Prepare calls for seed-funding ideas and follow-up the selected projects
- Co-organize SwissCompanyMaker, in collaboration with other NCCRs
- Organize and coordinate an PlanetS-Industry exchange program for PhD-students and engineers
- Collaborate with other KTT (Knowledge and Technology Transfer) entities within Switzerland and coordinate activities
- Propose and organise KTT events and topical ‘technology’ workshops within PlanetS
- Foster the contact with industry
The Executive Officer shall work in close collaboration with the Technology Platform Leader (and member of the PlanetS Board), who will define the global strategy and report to the PlanetS Board and SNSF.
Skills and education: The candidates must have an University Degree in technical areas and at least 5 years of experience in industry and private sector. Additional experience in research and/or in ‘technology education’ is not mandatory but of great value. At least basic knowledge of KTT concepts are requested and experience with KTT activities strongly recommended.
Languages: Fluent in English, German and French
Work place: Geneva Observatory, Versoix (University of Geneva) or University of Bern
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: The length of the contract is initially of 4 years, with possible extension depending on funding and achievements.
Salary: Class 19 of the State of Geneva
Academic title requested: University degree (Master) or equivalent
How to apply: Applications should be sent to Chantal.Tacoy@unige.ch and shall include:
- Cover letter
- Detailed CV together with a list of publications/experience/achievements
- Copy of highest degrees/diploma
- List of referees who can later be contacted directly by the search committee. Recommendation letters are not requested for now.
Complete applications received by 30 October 2017, will receive full considerations. Past this date, applications will be considered depending on availability.
PlanetS is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workplaces. Applications from women are strongly encouraged.